Re: Will VS2008 target my CE 5.0 x86 custom platform?

I suspect that it is because you installed VS after installing the SDK.

I *THINK* (may be wrong, but it has worked for me in the past) you need to:

1. Remove the SDK using Add/Install Programs.
2. Install the SDK.

VS2008 should hopefully then recognise it.
Documentation on just how VS2008 identifies installed platforms and devices seems a little thin - I've never found any! If anyone has any useful links, do post them here!

Hope this helps.
Tony

Ken Hill wrote:
I cannot get VS2008 to list my platform as a target. My platform SDK
was installed prior to installing VS2008.

Is there anything I need to do in PB when rolling up the SDK so that
it lists itself properly in Visual Studio?
Thanks,
Ken

  • Re: Windows Media Encoder SDK with VS2008 and Vista
    ... In the documentation it says to add a COM reference to "Windows Media Encoder" it is not in the list. ... version 2 was announced to have support for a .NET SDK. ... installing the SDK, I do not see the COM libraries registered and therefore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder)
  • Re: Checking template using ShapeSheet in .NET Add-In
    ... You only need to install the SDK on your development PC, ... PersistentEvents tool to add the events to your template document, ... If you create an application event sink then you can listen to the marker ... It is well worth installing the Visio SDK... ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.developer)
  • Re: How to catch DISPID_CLICK event ?
    ... Have you downloaded and installed the latest Platform SDK, ... You can download it from MSDN ... downloads if you are an MSDN subscriber. ... When installing, make sure you install at least Core and Internet SDKs. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.webbrowser_ctl)
  • Re: VS2005 Compilation Problem for CE 5.0
    ... I am the onle who is making the SDK. ... did something totally unrelated to installing it. ... apparent function body C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Crawling Custom Metadata Using SPS 2003
    ... > the SDK so I installed the full set to make sure everything was ok) and then ... but that was already ok on my machine after installing ... > command prompt instead of the ordinary command prompt. ... > Best regards ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)