Re: parallel port IST

Do you want/need it to be a driver, or can you work with it as an IST?

A driver would give you a means to use it in a general purpose way from any application, but is more difficult to write.

An IST is easy to write, but specifically allows you to access that hardware from that application only.

Sorry, but I can't take you step-by-step through the process, and I don't think anyone here would have the time!

Regards
Tony

vlat444e@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
HI. I'm writing IST for parallel port.
I'm using windows CE 6.0 and x86 platform.
IRQ for parallel port is 7 and it is statically
mapped to SYSINTR_FIRMWARE+7 in init.c

My IST code is like this.

1. Create an event
g_hevInterrupt = CreateEvent(NULL, FALSE, FALSE, NULL);

2. Create thread in SUSPENDED mode
g_htIST = CreateThread();

3. Setting thread priority
CeSetThreadPriority( g_htIST, m_nISTPriority );

4. Call InterruptInitialize
InterruptInitialize( SYSINTR_FIRMWARE+7, g_hevInterrupt, NULL,
0 );

5. ResumeThread( g_htIST );

My question is: where to put this code?

1. Should I create console application
2. Should I create driver application
3. Or it is possible to use parallel port deiver(put this IST code in
driver).

I read something from Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Preparation Kit in
Chapter 6 (Developing Device Drivers) but I can not understand clear.

Please tell me step by step how to solve my problem.
Sample code or useful link to start will be great help.

Thanks in advance.

  • Re: parallel port IST
    ... "Programming Windows Embedded CE 6.0", ... My IST code is like this. ... InterruptInitialize(SYSINTR_FIRMWARE+7, g_hevInterrupt, NULL, ... Should I create driver application ...
  • Re: KernelIoControl error 50
    ... Setting thread priority ... My IST code above I put in the console application ... Is that right or should I make driver, or put it in the driver. ... I don't clearly understand how does the IST and interruptinitialize ...
  • parallel port IST
    ... I'm using windows CE 6.0 and x86 platform. ... IRQ for parallel port is 7 and it is statically ... My IST code is like this. ... Should I create driver application ...
  • Re: Info on interrupts
    ... Let's say that I want to write a driver for the on/off button and I ... The driver must call InterruptInitialize, so I can put the sysintr ... value in the registry and perform the static mapping. ... As an alternative, I can save the irq in the registry: ...
  • Re: InterruptInitialize fails
    ... I also tried changing the SYSINTR being sent to the InterruptInitialize ... Is this because my driver dll is loading while my test ... In some of the posts I found that the SysIntr value needs to be present in ... the registry for user mode drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)