ActiveSync over USB Question

Hi All,

Running Wince 5.0 and active sync via usb client. For the most part the
connection seems to work fine, but we occasionally get into a situation
where activesync wont connect. If I look at USB device on my PC the device
always enumerates but sometimes the activesync icon on the pc spins and
spins and eventually times out and cant establish connection. It usually
will recover by pulling the USB connection and plugging it in but not
always. Looking at a USB tracker it appears to be PPP data over a com port
over USB, I think the USB client driver is working OK but something in
one of the upper layers is not working? On the tracker I see what I believe
are PPP packets (I have not tried to decode them to see what the error
might be, seems like a long a tedious task) i was looking around for
active sync source code but I'm guessing it's not here ? I would like to
debug at the highest layer I can and I am looking for some suggestions and
an understanding on the device driver layering for this up to the
application...

thanks,

Joe W.

  • Re: USB Active sync problem
    ... from the i.MX21 build that works perfectly on the development board. ... Active sync doesn't even attempt to make a connection ... Manually starting Active Sync and trying to connect also fails to set up ... > Does your USB Function driver call CeEventHasOccured? ...
  • Re: USB Active sync problem
    ... from the i.MX21 build that works perfectly on the development board. ... Active sync doesn't even attempt to make a connection ... Manually starting Active Sync and trying to connect also fails to set up ... > Does your USB Function driver call CeEventHasOccured? ...
  • Re: USB Active sync problem
    ... from the i.MX21 build that works perfectly on the development board. ... Active sync doesn't even attempt to make a connection ... Manually starting Active Sync and trying to connect also fails to set up ... > Does your USB Function driver call CeEventHasOccured? ...
  • iPAQ will not connect through USB
    ... I have a ipaq 3835 that will not connect to active sync via a USB ... to connect via a Serial connection or IR. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: drivers for iPaq rx3115?
    ... > Uninstall the current mess you have with Active Sync, ... > toshiba USB driver is probably your problem, since it seems to be the only ... > PC requires no drivers, ... Cool cable, cheap price, allowed you to charge off ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)