Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device

Sure. You don't add a linker library by just adding /<libname> to the
command line. You either add it explicitly in the Linker-Input->Additional
Dependencies field or just add it with no slash to the command line (just
like all the other libs aleady displayed in the command line on the dialog
where you put yours).

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
ya.. i add the "cecap.lib" inside the "linker" >> command line..
it now come out this error

warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/cecap.lib'; ignored

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

Link against cecap.lib.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
After i add the "/callcap" in the additional option box..it cum out
below
errors..

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CAP_Enter_Function
referenced
in
function WinMain
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CAP_Exit_Function referenced
in
function WinMain
fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

my device is WinCE 5.0 device, at the OS is build from PB5.0

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

You definitely can debug CE 5.0 apps with Studio '08. I do it all the
time.
To add /callcap it's just like doing it from eVC, just go intot he
project
properties and add it to the command line manually - there's a page in
the
properties specifically for adding command line switches.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
because the C++ application is build from Visual STudio 2008, not
from
PB
and this app can debug at my WinCE 5.0 device correctly..

just i dono how to compile the c++ app with callcap at Visual Studio

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

What makes you think it's only for PB? Just compile with /callcap
or
/fastcap. Ta-da, profiler support.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i just want find a tools which act like Remote Call Profiler.
But remote call profiler just suitable for those application
which
build
inside in the PB..
But now i have a Visual Studio C++ application which debug in the
WinCE
5.0
device and i need to profiler it.

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

To be clear, you're telling us that there aren't any profilers
that
will
tell how long a function took to run, and that he has to go in
and
add
timing code to every method in his platform or application?
Seriously?
Next you'll tell us there isn't a debugger and our only option
is
use
printf

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"CodeFox" <CodeFox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If you require to profile a function then there aren't any
tools
available.
You can create your own function profile using the following
code:

DWORD dwStart = GetTickCount();

// Done some operation ...

DEBUGMSG(1, (L"Function time: %d\n", GetTickCount() -
dwStart);

"BeverlyMun" wrote:

okie..thanks

let me ask for more

if i want do a "code profiling" on my "C++ application" which
debug
in
"WinCE 6.0 device"..

is there got any suitable tools??

thanks again

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

Remote Call Profiler works fine from PB.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there got any profiler tools which is support by WinCE
6.0
device??

.