Re: Fast performing Timer APIs in WinCE...

On Oct 28, 2:02 pm, Valter Minute
<v_a_l_t_e_r.m_i_n_u_t_e@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
kamali.sriniva...@xxxxxxxxx wrote innews:24925665-aa90-4782-86da-f7fee84ca876@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
m:

[...]

I get around 6 Mbps and 4.50 Mbps for read and write while using
interrupt without timer whereas i get only 4.07 and3.59 Mbps while
using timers.I would really appreciate if someone could throw me
some light on how to use the timer interrupts?

You can do a timed wait on the interrupt event to check for a timeout.
Since, as you said, this is an unikely condition (hardware failure or
something similar, I suppose) you can use the milliseconds resolution
that the standard WaitForSingleObject allows.

--
Valter Minutewww.fortechembeddedlabs.it
Training, support and development for Windows CE

hi,
Thanks a lot for your replies.Yeah what you all say is correct.It is
better to use the WaitForSingleObject with a timed wait for the
interrupt event but our requirement is to use the timer APIs.So in
that case are there any other APIs which i am missing out other than
the application timer APIs like SetTimer(),KillTimer() and MMTimer
APIs like timeSetEvent(),timeKillEvent()?