Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device

After i add the "/callcap" in the additional option box..it cum out below
errors..

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CAP_Enter_Function referenced in
function WinMain
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CAP_Exit_Function referenced in
function WinMain
fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

my device is WinCE 5.0 device, at the OS is build from PB5.0

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

You definitely can debug CE 5.0 apps with Studio '08. I do it all the time.
To add /callcap it's just like doing it from eVC, just go intot he project
properties and add it to the command line manually - there's a page in the
properties specifically for adding command line switches.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
because the C++ application is build from Visual STudio 2008, not from PB
and this app can debug at my WinCE 5.0 device correctly..

just i dono how to compile the c++ app with callcap at Visual Studio

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

What makes you think it's only for PB? Just compile with /callcap or
/fastcap. Ta-da, profiler support.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i just want find a tools which act like Remote Call Profiler.
But remote call profiler just suitable for those application which
build
inside in the PB..
But now i have a Visual Studio C++ application which debug in the WinCE
5.0
device and i need to profiler it.

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

To be clear, you're telling us that there aren't any profilers that
will
tell how long a function took to run, and that he has to go in and add
timing code to every method in his platform or application?
Seriously?
Next you'll tell us there isn't a debugger and our only option is to
use
printf

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"CodeFox" <CodeFox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If you require to profile a function then there aren't any tools
available.
You can create your own function profile using the following code:

DWORD dwStart = GetTickCount();

// Done some operation ...

DEBUGMSG(1, (L"Function time: %d\n", GetTickCount() - dwStart);

"BeverlyMun" wrote:

okie..thanks

let me ask for more

if i want do a "code profiling" on my "C++ application" which debug
in
"WinCE 6.0 device"..

is there got any suitable tools??

thanks again

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

Remote Call Profiler works fine from PB.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there got any profiler tools which is support by WinCE 6.0
device??

  • Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device
    ... WinMain become numeric and alpahet..it is my remote call profiler got any ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ...
  • Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device
    ... because the C++ application is build from Visual STudio 2008, ... Ta-da, profiler support. ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ...
  • Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device
    ... i did not add /callcap in eVC before..so i not sure what is the command.. ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Ta-da, profiler support. ...
  • Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device
    ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ... function WinMain ...