Will VS2008 target my CE 5.0 x86 custom platform?

Hello,

I have built a CE 5.0 custom platform and have exported and installed
the SDK for it. Everything works great using EVC 4.0 SP4. I
presently build the application for CE via EVC 4.0, and the same code
base is used to build a desktop version of the application to run on
Win32. I am using VS .NET (2002) to build the desktop app, but it
requires a separate set of project files that must be synced with the
EVC project files every time a new C++ module is developed and added
in.

I installed VS2008 and VS2008 SP1 with hopes of using it to target
either platform from the same project files using different
configurations; however, the "platform manager" in VS2008 does not
recognize my custom SDK.

And advice on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Ken

  • Re: Newbie question: program runs in emulator but not on device
    ... The first thing I would like to do is to use eVC to build a bare ... Thank you for telling us the platform on your hardware. ... SDK to SDK, so I end up being able to build for all CPUs each SDK ... Next to that is a drop down that specifies the platform. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: debugging?
    ... In Platform Manager I can add a device under 'Windows CE Default ... no SDK that works with eVC supports WM 5. ... Studio and the SDK for WM 5 for Pocket PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Cannot open include file "winres.h"
    ... The fact that your platform does not appear, if that's what you are saying, ... for eVC to match the configuration of the OS used on the device, ... The platform was built before the SDK was. ... >> Did you install eVC and the SDKs in the default folders suggested by the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: embedded vc++ lock up when loading my SDK
    ... select your platform from the target platform drop-down list (not the ... CEPC" and generated a SDK. ... I launched eVC and load an application built on standard SDK ...