Re: >NET Compact framework 2.0 application is not running

Are you possibly not using the new nk.bin registry and using some other,
left-over from previous builds registry on the device? You might also
verify, using Remote Registry Editor, that the device registry matches the
entries found in the .NET CF source directory. I don't have CE6 in front of
me, but, in CE5, it's \public\netcfv2\oak\files\netcfv2.reg.

Are secur32.dll, ole32.dll, oleaut32.dll, and ws2.dll in your OS?

Are you building a headless device or one with a display? If you have a
display, is commctrl.dll in your image?

Maybe there's a problem with the dependency processing and something that is
required is not being pulled in automatically...

Paul T.

"Vinoth" <vinoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thank you for your reply. I tried to run the cgacutil.exe in the device
console. but i fails to run after giving the message "Registration
Failed".

I run the C# application on the device directly. It is just an Smart
device
windows CE hello world project. I checked this application with other
platform. it is working.
Thanks,
--
vinoth.

"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" wrote:

How are you trying to run it?

www.EuroTech.com

"Vinoth" <vinoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,
I am working on PXA320 based platform. windows CE 6.0 is running on
this.
tried to run a simple C# application created using the VS2005 but it is
not
running. i haven't get any error messages even in the debug build. I
have
added the .Net Compact framework 2.0 and its OS dependencies through
the
Catalog items (SYSGEN_DOTNETV2 and SYSGEN_DOTNETV2_SUPPORT).
All the related DLLs are added in the ce.bib file. i found the
cgacutil.exe
in the Windows Directory of the device ( i have seen the info in some
other
thread).
But still the application is not running.

I tried the same pbxml file with different BSP ( PXA320 based BSP). It
is
working on that BSP. I am afraid, is there any dependencies in BSP for
the
.NET Compact frame work? if yes Please let me know the dependence.

i found an info regarding the changes in the CEProcessorType variable
from
PROCESSOR_STRONGARM to PROCESSOR_ARM920. eventhough i changed the
processor
type, the .net application is not running on my device.

Please advise me,
Thanks & Regards,
--
vinoth

  • Re: How do I determine "Build Order Dependencies" for a new compon
    ... the one I saw a few months ago was where the search function didn't return correct results if you typed in a registry value ... genuine dependencies. ... Why it is often hard to fix issues in XPe? ... I wish Microsoft implement the "registry search" feature in TD but they never did so the above is the only way I know. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: How do I determine "Build Order Dependencies" for a new compon
    ... search for Registry Keys. ... genuine dependencies. ... Why it is often hard to fix issues in XPe? ... I wish Microsoft implement the "registry search" feature in TD but they never did so the above is the only way I know. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: How do I determine "Build Order Dependencies" for a new compon
    ... search for Registry Keys. ... genuine dependencies. ... Why it is often hard to fix issues in XPe? ... I wish Microsoft implement the "registry search" feature in TD but they never did so the above is the only way I know. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: VS 2005 - Problems deploying C# executable to target
    ... That depends on how the registry is stored, ... registry from the last version of the OS before adding the framework was ... version of .NET compact framework" doesn't seemtohelp. ... dependencies", and go over each of the options displayed in the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: How do I determine "Build Order Dependencies" for a new compon
    ... If the registry path includes a space, ... Why it is often hard to fix issues in XPe? ... Myself I found a way how to find out most of those "dependencies" ... I wish Microsoft implement the "registry search" feature in TD but they never did so the above is the only way I know. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)