Re: MiniportPnPEventNotify with NdisDevicePnPEventSurpriseRemoved even

Although NDIS version for Windows CE is 5.1 Im not sure if it does require
the minport driver to implement MiniportPnPEventNotify: maybe your driver
code has been ported from the desktop?
Anyway NDIS would probably be notified of the disappearing of the device by
the bus driver (USB, PCI, ...) which handles the device

l.calligaris.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.eurotech.it

"C.L" <CL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi,
When ethernet card is removed unexpectedly, NDIS will send
NdisDevicePnPEventSurpriseRemoved event to miniport driver through
MiniportPnPEventNotify function.
My question is how NDIS know the ethernet card is removed? Does SDIO wifi
driver, for example, need to notify NDIS when SDIO wifi card is removed?
How?

Thank you

  • Re: Incorrect server name
    ... There is no primary WINS server defined for this adapter. ... Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE (NDIS VBD Client) ... Network Monitor Driver ...
  • Re: Question about FILE_OBJECT
    ... NDIS IM is a driver that fully conforms to the model, ... I.E. every time they allocated a new context object they ...
  • Re: Running NDISTest on Vista with an NDIS IM Driver
    ... I had a quick look at the ndistest stuff in the WLK1.0c, ... actually some ndis driver in the ... I tried using the version that comes with WLK/DTM on PassThru (NDIS IM ...
  • Re: NDIS functionality details
    ... In my driver I need to decompress compressed video data and provide ... >> NDIS subsystem exports a lot of functions with Ndis* prefix. ... >> DDK says, that there is two ways, one is to copy each packet to driver ...
  • Re: NDIS Intermediate (passthru) communicates with second driver
    ... already occupied by NDIS. ... Now PASSTHRU is an NDIS intermediate driver, ... implements both an NDIS miniport and an NDIS protocol. ... device object via IoCreateDevicein the standard way in your IM. ...