Re: cannot establish a debug connection

More info: the protocol analyzer shows that the target is broadcasting some
kind of udp packets; I guess that these packets are the target attempting to
establish a debug session. I suspect that this points to a problem on the PB
side.

jhendrix58 wrote:
More info: I download the image through the same ethernet port that I am
using for debug. Therefore I believe cabling, h/w etc., is ok.

Hi all,

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]

What kinds of things should I check to troubleshoot this issue?

  • Re: VS2005 disconnects remote debugging
    ... I have one app that is a Socket Server - if I run the corresponding Socket Client on thePC which is my debug host, the debug session dies as Paul H describes when I break the Server-Clent connection. ... The only stable environment I have found is one where the ONLY connection between the host PC and the target is the USB cable. ... My own belief is that ActiveSync, although it is supposed to be using the Serial via USB connection, actually routes traffic through anything it can find that will support a TCP/IP route to the host pc, be it ethernet or a serial port. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: iptables REJECT types for UDP (if any)
    ... >> using -j DROP as a target, what I want to know is what types ... > AFAIK, UDP packets are not realiable, and haven't got things like the ... > RST option in their headers as TCP packets have, ... Outlook users: please do not put my email address in your address book. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • RE: iptables REJECT types for UDP (if any)
    ... > using -j DROP as a target, what I want to know is what types ... AFAIK, UDP packets are not realiable, and haven't got things like the ... RST option in their headers as TCP packets have, so dropping it is your ...
    (Focus-Linux)