creating a new component

Hi all,

I am new to the Platform Builder environment. I am working with CE 5.0. I
am maintaining an existing, working, system. The system is in production,
that is, it is currently in the field.

I am attempting to add a new FMD to this existing design. At this point I
suspect the correct approach begins with adding a new component to the
current BSP. As of now I cannot figure out how to do this. I've poked
around in the IDE and I haven't yet encountered a menu item named something
like "Add Component..."

Is there a better approach?

  • Re: tomcat error..
    ... Remember that Tomcat doesn't execute JSPs, so it has no way of knowing where in "YOUR FILE" the error is. ... The IDE itself tracks how the code transmutes from source to translated source to object to run-time. ... To diagnose problems that only show up in production, ... Of course, log statements cannot directly tell where in YOUR FILE an error occurred, but they can focus your attention closely enough that the brain can leap the gap. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Mainframer needs help on Power Cobol
    ... I've been busy putting out a production fire (luckily it ain't my fault, ... I can switch from the M/F IDE to my ... I also had a compare system built into it. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: D2005 safe for Win32 soon...?
    ... I reported 3 reproduciable IDE bugs to Borland, ... with tweaks) is that the IDE crashes at weird times. ... Tor Tveitane wrote: ... > production and does the IDE still suffer from delays and ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Do you suggest me using IDE when Im learning JAVA
    ... point in using anything but a good IDE. ... If we discount developers leaving the IDE ... production systems. ... between dev/test deployments and final production deployments, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)