Re: kitl support at bsp

If you have no kitl function, but you still want to use Monte Carlo profiler
tool, you can refer to
http://blogs.msdn.com/ce_base/archive/2006/01/23/516586.aspx. It introduces
you how to use Monte Carlo profiler tool with CELOG.

"Luca Calligaris" wrote:

If you're running Windows CE 5.0 or previous versions, take a look here:
For Windows Embedded CE 6.0:
In the latest, KITL is implemented as a DLL while in previous version it's
linked to the kernel and OAL.
Check in %_WINCEROOT%\PLATFORM dir to see how KITL is implemented for a
similar BSP.
KITL will typically use the same low level functions that are used by the
bootloader to interface with
the ethernet adapter (or whatever other HW you use)
Monte Carlo is a profiling tool while KITL is a transport layer on which you
can thye debugger, the remote tools
form platform builder, etc.
For generic info about KITL:

l.calligaris.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.eurotech.it

"daniel" <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
hi?
I have a bsp which don't support kitl. so I need to add the function to
it.
which guide should I follow to implement it?
and monte-carlo is same as kitl? The concept is confused at me.

  • Re: Breakpoint instantiation
    ... So Phytec says that their BSP has a "known bug" which results in this situation as I already discovered! ... Erwin Zwart schrieb: ... KITL is not initialized. ... Could the breakpoint problem be related with this? ...
  • Re: KITL problem?
    ... and this came form the BSP of MainstonII,I migrated it for pxa255. ... ; ROMFLAGS 0x0001 Disallow Paging ... Do you have KITL und NDIS used at the same time? ... When I dischecked "Enable Kernel Debugger",the system can boot OK, ...
  • Re: KITL problem?
    ... and this came form the BSP of MainstonII,I migrated it for pxa255. ... ; ROMFLAGS 0x0001 Disallow Paging ... Do you have KITL und NDIS used at the same time? ... When I dischecked "Enable Kernel Debugger",the system can boot OK, ...
  • RE: Ethernet driver not working when using KITL
    ... So far in all the x86 based BSP that I ... same time on just one Ethernet port (my targer board has just one ethernet ... To use KITL but still allow ethernet working on the device, you need VMINI, ... Basically my network device disappears from ...
  • Re: is it possible to enable KITL if i am launching rom image?
    ... >> Which BSP are you using?? ... >> kernel will do it for you when starting the KITL. ... > yeah I just copied the download code, and it create the device id using ... if the device is is *not* assigned by EBoot the kitl.c in OAL will ...