Re: debugger command line

Thanks for responding Paul. Actually I am running Platform Builder
7.0 under Visual Studio 2008. My desktop is connected via active KITL
over Ethernet to an ARM11 device running Windows Mobile 7.

I can examine registers and set breakpoints through the GUI but the
functionality seems restricted. For example, I can't figure out a way
to set a breakpoint at an offset inside a function. I can only set
the breakpoint at the function start address. I assumed that the GUI
was built on top of a command line interface and maybe the command
line interface offered more control.

You shouldn't be able to use Platform Builder 6.0 with VS2008 at all, let
alone for command line debugging. In any case, though, no, I don't think
that there is a command-line version of the kernel debugger in Platform
Builder and, also, no I don't recall anyone else ever asking for that.

  • Re: What language are assemblers written in?
    ... The Microsoft Macro Assembler Package v 3.01 is a technical update to the Micro- ... SYMDEB and MAPSYM, the interactive symbolic debug utility for Microsoft langua- ... Help command has been added to display the command syntax. ... breakpoint - to speed debugging and avoid repetitive typing. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: VBA execution
    ... There is no autoexec macro but, as I said, there is a startup form. ... question now is where in this form do I put the Stop command. ... cannot set a breakpoint in an application that isn't running yet. ...
  • Re: Quad Error
    ... Set a breakpoint on that line of code and run the function. ... If it shows you that QUAD is a subfunction in this file, ... I "clear" and "clc" in the command window to ensure nothing is interfering. ... Also look at the topmost displayed line in the output of DBSTACK and open up that file to the line. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Debugging embedded python
    ... 02 // Includes mpla, mpla mpla... ... 19 // Some python module stuff ... Breakpoint at line 29: There is a strange combination of next, step, ... commands, which here is the fotis.rootcommand. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: [Help] Printing problem in Mac OSX Leopard
    ... I can print the figure using command "print" in the command ... Matlab 2007a Student version. ... lpr: The printer or class was not found. ... If you're adventurous you can set a breakpoint in MATLAB's print command ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)