Re: debugger command line

You shouldn't be able to use Platform Builder 6.0 with VS2008 at all, let
alone for command line debugging. In any case, though, no, I don't think
that there is a command-line version of the kernel debugger in Platform
Builder and, also, no I don't recall anyone else ever asking for that.

Paul T.

"Dan Raymond" <draymond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Nobody on this list does command line debugging? Can someone at least
point me to where the technical gurus hang out so I can direct this
question to a more appropriate audience?

  • Re: Windows CE .NET
    ... If the project is not a hardware driver (but just some kernel-mode software for ... Platform Builder is the downloading install from MS - downloads more then 1GB ... Do all work in eVC++, using the .VCP project file and not BUILD. ... Then test Release build from eVC++, without the debugging facilities. ...
  • Re: debugger internals
    ... Windows has special compact debugging API that includes, among others, functions GetThreadContext and SetThreadContext. ... ReadProcessMemory and WriteProcessMemory allow you to set INT3 breakpoints. ... Of course, you must read original first byte of the command before writing INT3, otherwise you will be unable to restore the command after break. ... You may, for example, disable write access to data memory and get exception on write to the protected memory block. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: gdb stepping into boring stuff
    ... The "step" command doesn't step into functions that have no debugging ... hash table within the gdb convenience variables (which I think is ... with the $known_uninteresting_pc being kept as an array local to the ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: archecker redux.....no P word
    ... Grep for ERROR from the archecker log -- it will tell you if there's a ... tables before running a new archecker table-level restore command. ... you can add the -d option to archecker table-level restore command to ... Debugging for component parser - enabled ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: how to obtain a count of device handles in use: Windows CE 5
    ... which make its debugging a bit tricky. ... If you look through the private code that comes with Platform Builder, ... port on Windows CE 5 device (usb-to-serial kind of thing, ... Please provide a suggestion. ...