Re: Dynamically unload and load serial driver

Error 110 is "The system cannot open the device or file specified." meaning it can't find, or more probable; can't open the driver dll because it is still in use.

- Are you sure the driver unloaded?
- How did you get the handle to the serial driver?
- Can you still find "COM1:" using FindFirst/NextDevice after unloading it?

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

Craig wrote:
Hello,
Due to a problem with RAS, the COM port cannot be opened (in RasDial calls). I don't want to have to reset my device to let the driver reload. I have been able to unload the serial driver using DeactivateDevice. However, when I attempt to reload the serial driver using ActivateDeviceEx, I always get the error 110. This is the typical COM1 driver found in [HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Serial].

I call: ActivateDeviceEx(_T("Drivers\\BuiltIn\\Serial"), NULL, 0, NULL );

My OS is CE 5.0. I don't have any access to PB debug information.

Please let me know if this is possible and what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you,
Craig