Dynamically unload and load serial driver

Hello,
Due to a problem with RAS, the COM port cannot be opened (in RasDial calls).
I don't want to have to reset my device to let the driver reload. I have
been able to unload the serial driver using DeactivateDevice. However, when
I attempt to reload the serial driver using ActivateDeviceEx, I always get
the error 110.
This is the typical COM1 driver found in [HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Serial].

I call: ActivateDeviceEx(_T("Drivers\\BuiltIn\\Serial"), NULL, 0, NULL );

My OS is CE 5.0. I don't have any access to PB debug information.

Please let me know if this is possible and what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you,
Craig

  • Re: factor contribute to CreateFile failure
    ... Most likely cause is that the serial driver is failing. ... I'm using CreateFile to open up a communication channel to COM PORT 4: ... I'm running a test which repeatedly set my target device to sleep then ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: Detecting the modem
    ... number using the dialup connection wizard. ... > Check your serial driver, it thinks that it is true. ... How are you opening the port? ... > beitman AT applieddata DOT net ...
  • Serial Driver Power Management Interferes with CETK
    ... We have a serial driver which has been tested by CETK for the Serial ... Port Driver test. ... "Set event mask and wait for thread to close comm port ...
  • Re: COM_Read function
    ... I have connected the GPS to the serial port and I have seen as it loses the ... one way would be to create a shadow serial driver which the ...