Dynamically unload and load serial driver

Hello,
Due to a problem with RAS, the COM port cannot be opened (in RasDial calls).
I don't want to have to reset my device to let the driver reload. I have
been able to unload the serial driver using DeactivateDevice. However, when
I attempt to reload the serial driver using ActivateDeviceEx, I always get
the error 110.
This is the typical COM1 driver found in [HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\Serial].

I call: ActivateDeviceEx(_T("Drivers\\BuiltIn\\Serial"), NULL, 0, NULL );

My OS is CE 5.0. I don't have any access to PB debug information.

Please let me know if this is possible and what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you,
Craig
.