Re: CE5 Slow boot from CF but fast when downloaded

That was it. I disabled KITL and the delay disappeared. Thank you.

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

Is KITL disabled on the "boot from flash" image?

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"Orca" <Orca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My project is a simple CEPC with most options taken out. The release
nk.bin
comprises less than 11MB. When the target is connected to Platform Builder
via Ethernet, the image downloads in 9 seconds and comes alive 6 seconds
after this. When I put the same nk.bin on a Compact Flash card that boots
DOS
in the target and uses the same loadcepc program to load this local
nk.bin, I
see six seconds of "Section physical start" console messages and then
nothing
for 90 seconds, when the CE OS finally comes to life. Serial debug output
shows a few initial messages but nothing during the 90 seconds. What could
be
happening during this time?

  • Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device
    ... WinMain become numeric and alpahet..it is my remote call profiler got any ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ...
  • Re: file handling
    ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ... "Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: file handling
    ... "Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote: ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: file handling
    ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ... DWORD dwDesiredAccess, ...