Re: Fast performing Timer APIs in WinCE...

I agree with Chris, this does not compute. But since this is a driver, and
you are the OEM, if your CPU has an extra timer interrupt that you can use,
then use one of the timer interrupts. This way you have full control and
skip a lot of overhead.

www.EuroTech.com

<kamali.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
hello,
I am looking for Timer APIs in WinCE6.0.I need to start a timer
with some timeout value and i need a callback to be signalled after
the timeout value expires.We need to use these timer APIs in our
storage driver .Since it is a driver we cannot use the Timer APIs like
SetTimer ,KillTimer as they are application timers and require a
message loop.Thus we went in for using the timer driver APIs (Mmtimer
library) like timeSetEvent() and timeKillEvent() but on using them the
read/Write performance of the storage driver is bad even after
disabling the cache manager.Is there any other timer APIs which would
speed up the performance.I would really appreciate if someone could
help me out.

Regards
Kamali

.