Re: Fast performing Timer APIs in WinCE...

So you're saying that the timer is affecting how fast you can read/write?
That makes no sense (to me anyway). I don't think we have the full picture
of what you're trying to do.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

<kamali.srinivasan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
hello,
I am looking for Timer APIs in WinCE6.0.I need to start a timer
with some timeout value and i need a callback to be signalled after
the timeout value expires.We need to use these timer APIs in our
storage driver .Since it is a driver we cannot use the Timer APIs like
SetTimer ,KillTimer as they are application timers and require a
message loop.Thus we went in for using the timer driver APIs (Mmtimer
library) like timeSetEvent() and timeKillEvent() but on using them the
read/Write performance of the storage driver is bad even after
disabling the cache manager.Is there any other timer APIs which would
speed up the performance.I would really appreciate if someone could
help me out.

Regards
Kamali

  • Re: Fast performing Timer APIs in WinCE...
    ... I am looking for Timer APIs in WinCE6.0.I need to start a ... with some timeout value and i need a callback to be signalled ... our storage driver .Since it is a driver we cannot use the Timer ...
  • Re: Fast performing Timer APIs in WinCE...
    ... of what i am trying to do.During Read and Write from the NAND flash we ... of waiting for the interrupt several times.We start a timer with some ... the timer APIs need to be called for every sequence of command,address ...
  • Re: Fast performing Timer APIs in WinCE...
    ... you are the OEM, if your CPU has an extra timer interrupt that you can use, ... then use one of the timer interrupts. ... I am looking for Timer APIs in WinCE6.0.I need to start a timer ... storage driver .Since it is a driver we cannot use the Timer APIs like ...
  • Re: Fast performing Timer APIs in WinCE...
    ... During Read/Writes from the NAND flash we use interrupt(interrupt gets ... for accepting the next command/address/data.Each Read/Write consists ... consists of waiting for the interrupt several times .For each command/ ... NAND flash is ready .once the interrupt occurs we check if our timer ...
  • Re: Fast performing Timer APIs in WinCE...
    ... During Read/Writes from the NAND flash we use interrupt(interrupt gets ... for accepting the next command/address/data.Each Read/Write consists ... consists of waiting for the interrupt several times .For each command/ ... we check if our timer ...