Re: HalAllocateCommonBuffer & MmMapIoSpace problem

Thank you Paul,

your solution was my first version of the driver.

It manages dma, qci and i2c to get frames from a camera. Some
measurements made by a test application showed that instead of 15
frames per second (the maximum speed at which the camera acquires) I
get only 8.

I think it was caused by the copy of the 600 KB from the dma buffer to
the application buffer, so I decided to share the dma buffer. Now the
application shows the images at full speed.

But, with the debug version of the os, I found the logs of my previous
message. It seems that Hal... and Mm... are not the correct functions
to use, but I do not know what other memory management api I must
use.

Usuallly debug checks are warnings about something getting wrong, and
I would like to know what it is.

Can you help me?

  • DMA-MCBSP-C6416
    ... This is regarding the DMA Initialization Problem I am facing in C6416 ... I need to transfer 2 frames of 10 elements from DMA to Serial Port ... Transmit Registerand the ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: HalAllocateCommonBuffer & MmMapIoSpace problem
    ... slot with DMA driver. ... I think it was caused by the copy of the 600 KB from the dma buffer to ... Usuallly debug checks are warnings about something getting wrong, ...
  • Re: [Patch 13/20] V4L (951) Make saa7134-oss as a stand-alone module
    ... > - remaining DMA sound code has been removed from core the module ... -static int dsp_buffer_conf ... DMA buffer initialization ... * - One of the ALSA capture callbacks. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: IoGetDmaAdapter NumberOfMapRegisters minus 1?
    ... When running on non-PAE 32bit XP DMA like that never needs bounce ... DMA buffer 32-bit only DMA could require bounce buffers. ... Are you suggesting that fewer map registers than desired might be ... I replied to the original question of Dave Warnock. ...
  • Re: Partial cacheline flush problems on ARM and MIPS
    ... Warner Losh wrote: ... I also wonder why we don't allocate the DMA memory for these ... dependent) and move the knowledge of this junk into busdma layer ... asked for DMA buffer, it should contrain its start address size to the ...
    (freebsd-arch)