Re: CE5 Slow boot from CF but fast when downloaded

Is KITL disabled on the "boot from flash" image?

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"Orca" <Orca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
My project is a simple CEPC with most options taken out. The release
nk.bin
comprises less than 11MB. When the target is connected to Platform Builder
via Ethernet, the image downloads in 9 seconds and comes alive 6 seconds
after this. When I put the same nk.bin on a Compact Flash card that boots
DOS
in the target and uses the same loadcepc program to load this local
nk.bin, I
see six seconds of "Section physical start" console messages and then
nothing
for 90 seconds, when the CE OS finally comes to life. Serial debug output
shows a few initial messages but nothing during the 90 seconds. What could
be
happening during this time?

  • Re: More Thoughts on Green Arrays
    ... There is an SPI flash boot node, ... used, booting from flash, reading data from flash, using analog ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: WinCE 5.0 RegFlush on Cold Boot
    ... the highest risk when using flash is full corruption due to power ... I know that this is not what is happening and I'm sure this registry flush ... at boot would not wear out a flash block for years. ... constantly it would still last a decade before you had a failure. ...
  • Re: WinCE 5.0 RegFlush on Cold Boot
    ... There's no clean way to prevent the flush, ... I know that this is not what is happening and I'm sure this registry flush ... at boot would not wear out a flash block for years. ...
  • system hangs trying to recover hive registry on a 100% full filesystem
    ... A Nand Flash block device driver. ... The Nand Flashdisk is loaded early in the boot process to be able to load ... Hive registry enabled on the Nand Flashdisk ...
  • Re: How to use Visual Studio 2005 debugger when I boot from Compac
    ... They just don't seem to work when I boot my image ... from a Compact Flash and run them from the command prompt. ... "Henrik Viklund" wrote: ... I have a Mini ITX mother board that I am using to boot Windows CE 5.0 from ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)