Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device

You definitely can debug CE 5.0 apps with Studio '08. I do it all the time.
To add /callcap it's just like doing it from eVC, just go intot he project
properties and add it to the command line manually - there's a page in the
properties specifically for adding command line switches.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
because the C++ application is build from Visual STudio 2008, not from PB
and this app can debug at my WinCE 5.0 device correctly..

just i dono how to compile the c++ app with callcap at Visual Studio

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

What makes you think it's only for PB? Just compile with /callcap or
/fastcap. Ta-da, profiler support.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i just want find a tools which act like Remote Call Profiler.
But remote call profiler just suitable for those application which
build
inside in the PB..
But now i have a Visual Studio C++ application which debug in the WinCE
5.0
device and i need to profiler it.

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

To be clear, you're telling us that there aren't any profilers that
will
tell how long a function took to run, and that he has to go in and add
timing code to every method in his platform or application?
Seriously?
Next you'll tell us there isn't a debugger and our only option is to
use
printf

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"CodeFox" <CodeFox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If you require to profile a function then there aren't any tools
available.
You can create your own function profile using the following code:

DWORD dwStart = GetTickCount();

// Done some operation ...

DEBUGMSG(1, (L"Function time: %d\n", GetTickCount() - dwStart);

"BeverlyMun" wrote:

okie..thanks

let me ask for more

if i want do a "code profiling" on my "C++ application" which debug
in
"WinCE 6.0 device"..

is there got any suitable tools??

thanks again

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

Remote Call Profiler works fine from PB.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there got any profiler tools which is support by WinCE 6.0
device??

  • Re: sqlce resources not released on application.exit()?
    ... The last line of my main function is a call to Application.Run, so calling ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... the app was using immediately every time. ...
  • Re: Longtime running requirement in control system
    ... idea what you BSP or app look like, or your development skills with either. ... please tell me the detail principle in maintenance. ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ...
  • Re: Longtime running requirement in control system
    ... We will use Webserver do configration works, ... idea what you BSP or app look like, or your development skills with either. ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ...
  • Re: "New" form is RIDICULOUSLY slow
    ... Not offhand, no, but I haven't used the CF-supplied Port classes much at ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... transition - there's got to be something in your app causing it. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Help to make application !!!
    ... Start by creating a basic "Hello World" app from one of the Smart Device ... Project templates in Studio. ... Deploy and debug it. ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ...