Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device

because the C++ application is build from Visual STudio 2008, not from PB
and this app can debug at my WinCE 5.0 device correctly..

just i dono how to compile the c++ app with callcap at Visual Studio

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

What makes you think it's only for PB? Just compile with /callcap or
/fastcap. Ta-da, profiler support.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i just want find a tools which act like Remote Call Profiler.
But remote call profiler just suitable for those application which build
inside in the PB..
But now i have a Visual Studio C++ application which debug in the WinCE
5.0
device and i need to profiler it.

thanks

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

To be clear, you're telling us that there aren't any profilers that will
tell how long a function took to run, and that he has to go in and add
timing code to every method in his platform or application? Seriously?
Next you'll tell us there isn't a debugger and our only option is to use
printf

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"CodeFox" <CodeFox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If you require to profile a function then there aren't any tools
available.
You can create your own function profile using the following code:

DWORD dwStart = GetTickCount();

// Done some operation ...

DEBUGMSG(1, (L"Function time: %d\n", GetTickCount() - dwStart);

"BeverlyMun" wrote:

okie..thanks

let me ask for more

if i want do a "code profiling" on my "C++ application" which debug in
"WinCE 6.0 device"..

is there got any suitable tools??

thanks again

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

Remote Call Profiler works fine from PB.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there got any profiler tools which is support by WinCE 6.0
device??

.