Re: memory allocation for nk.bin

Thanks for your reply.
But, I stil have question.
Normally the bin file is uncompressed to nb0 format with 2 times size up.
But the bin file only consume the physical SDRAM with the bin file size.
If I manually set the config.bib file to modify the memory layout, the
available RAM area which will be used by ce os is calcurated by ' total ram
size - nk.bin's size '.
In that, it seems the bin file doesn't uncompressed to SDRAM.
How can I understand it?

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

How the compressed bin file can run at SDRAM?

It can't. It's uncompressed by your bootloader into RAM (and essentially
becomes the nb0).

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

  • Re: Flash Addresss in ROM HEADER
    ... I got the idea of .bib files and sections of bin file. ... Nand and executed on RAM. ... dwOEMFailPowerPaging ... 00000001 FIXUPVAR ...
  • Re: m68k-elf-objcopy does not convert .ELF to .BIN file
    ... But this ELF file for which the generated BIN file is empty, ... getting executed perfectly from RAM via Codewarrior. ... and the one that generates a good BIN file is probably being ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)