Re: WindowCE 5.0 + XIP Chain question!

On Oct 22, 12:19 pm, "K. S. Huang" <ksh_AT_yahoo_DOT_com> wrote:
In the other hand, have you tried to set the cbNKPagingPoolSize in OAL?
This setting will allocate a dedicated paging pool and it will page out the
modules when full.

"K. S. Huang" <ksh_AT_yahoo_DOT_com> wrote in messagenews:OaqYeg8MJHA.4772@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Thanks again for your support!

So you got a 61MB of program memory (is that shown in your control panel
memory applet?) and got 13MB already in use.

[embedinfo]: yes I see that control panel ->system shows in-use
program memory as 13MB.
And you would like to minimize this part further more?
[embedinfo]: yes I want to reduce it. I am loosing around 13MB+ 9MB =
22MB RAM
Firstly, you will need to figure out how the 13MB being consumed, the mi
command in CE Target Control (CEShell) could provide a text base memory
usage report and other memory tracking utility might give you more info..
And remember that, even with BinFS only the read-only could be paged out
(like code...), the more R/W data you requested in your
application/driver, the more program RAM it will be consumed.
Besides that, drivers usually loaded by LoadDriver rather than LoadLibrary
API which will load the whole driver into memory and will not be
paged-out.
For those non-critical drivers, you may load the driver by LoadLibrary API
by indicating specific Flags registry settings.
[embedinfo]: Yes I have used this API to load 1-2 drivers. I will try running "mi" tool and update you!

In the other hand, have you tried to set the cbNKPagingPoolSize in
OAL?
This setting will allocate a dedicated paging pool and it will page
out the
modules when full.
[embedinfo]: yes I have set this to 2MB. Out of 13Mb of in-use memory
2Mb is used by this. So total in-use memory is 11MB. Question is if NK
is of 6MB it should consume 6MB. (I dont have any compressed modules
in my NK).

There is one more question about cbNKPagingPoolSize in windows CE 6.0
(No where related to problem that I am facing, just for my information
I want to know)
I have read that in Windows CE 6.0 page pooling concept is not there.
Then how does demand paging works in Windows CE 6.0?

Thanks

  • Re: WindowCE 5.0 + XIP Chain question!
    ... Firstly, you will need to figure out how the 13MB being consumed, the mi command in CE Target Control could provide a text base memory usage report and other memory tracking utility might give you more info. ... drivers usually loaded by LoadDriver rather than LoadLibrary API which will load the whole driver into memory and will not be paged-out. ... I have a RAM of 70MB. ... memory) But I see that out of 61MB program memory 13MB is in use. ...
  • Re: WindowCE 5.0 + XIP Chain question!
    ... So you got a 61MB of program memory (is that shown in your control panel memory applet?) and got 13MB already in use. ... drivers usually loaded by LoadDriver rather than LoadLibrary API which will load the whole driver into memory and will not be paged-out. ...
  • 2.6.33 dies on modprobe
    ... The kernel starts up fine and mounts the root-filesystem, ... Freeing unused kernel memory: 408k freed ... # CPUFreq processor drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: s2disk hang update
    ... This looks like we have run out of memory while creating a new kernel thread ... because the I/O doesn't work at this point). ... Keep 1 MB of memory free so that device drivers can allocate some pages in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • kernel panic - not syncing: out of memory and no killable processes
    ... Kernel panic - not syncing: Out of memory and no killable processes... ... Re-tune the scheduler latency defaults to decrease worst-case latencies ... # Device Drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)