Re: LCD Display problem

Are you sure the splash is displayed correctly? If the splash is the same
color in the last rows, maybe you can't identify the pixel lost. The clear
way is to draw some vertical straight line in your splash and observe where
is the line to be slanted or not.

You can use the below code to draw a outlet box in WindowsCE to check the
framebuffer linearity. The wincesnapshotjx1.jpg looks like lost 1-2 pixel
every row in last 1/3 screen. If my guess is right, the initialize parameter
maybe some missed.

{
HGDIOBJ hBrushObj, hPenObj;
HDC ghDC;

ghDC = CreateDC(TEXT("DISPLAY"), NULL, NULL, NULL);
hBrushObj = SelectObject(ghDC, GetStockObject(NULL_BRUSH));
hPenObj = SelectObject(ghDC, GetStockObject(WHITE_PEN));
Rectangle(ghDC, 0, 0, 240, 320);
DeleteObject(SelectObject(ghDC, hPenObj));
DeleteObject(SelectObject(ghDC, hBrushObj));
DeleteDC(ghDC);
}

Regards,
Paul, Chao @ Techware

"Ankur" wrote:

Thanks T Pandey for your positive response,

"Do you think the kernel is getting the image it wants to splash o to
the screen? "
Even I have the same question.

The LCD initialization is as per provided by LCD provider. And if you can
look into the image, its normal. Even the splashscreen when it boots is also
normal, no slantness anywhere.

"You are saying only the taskbar problem but it is upside down also.Is
this as desired? "
Its not Upside down, the snapshot is such, you have to rotate the link image
to 180* to view it correctly.

"Look for display controller initialization in your lcd driver. "
Yes, I am looking into the Display Driver Initialization. But what I am
thinking is if there is some problem with the display controller
initiallization then the splashscreen bottom part should also be slanted,
it is displayed straight. Kindly correct me if I am wrong at any place?

Hve a Good day ahead..

Thank you,
Ankur