Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device

To be clear, you're telling us that there aren't any profilers that will
tell how long a function took to run, and that he has to go in and add
timing code to every method in his platform or application? Seriously?
Next you'll tell us there isn't a debugger and our only option is to use
printf

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"CodeFox" <CodeFox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If you require to profile a function then there aren't any tools
available.
You can create your own function profile using the following code:

DWORD dwStart = GetTickCount();

// Done some operation ...

DEBUGMSG(1, (L"Function time: %d\n", GetTickCount() - dwStart);

"BeverlyMun" wrote:

okie..thanks

let me ask for more

if i want do a "code profiling" on my "C++ application" which debug in
"WinCE 6.0 device"..

is there got any suitable tools??

thanks again

"Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote:

Remote Call Profiler works fine from PB.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting
Giving back to the embedded community
http://community.OpenNETCF.com

"BeverlyMun" <ty_devily117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there got any profiler tools which is support by WinCE 6.0
device??

  • Re: Missing Link for CF Application Idle Timer
    ... I just created a new entry for it: ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ...
  • Re: Profiler tools for WinCE 6.0 device
    ... WinMain become numeric and alpahet..it is my remote call profiler got any ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ...
  • Re: file handling
    ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ... "Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: file handling
    ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ... DWORD dwDesiredAccess, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: file handling
    ... "Chris Tacke, eMVP" wrote: ... Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP ... Giving back to the embedded community ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)