Re: USB CDC driver?

BTW the driver is not hw-specific, since it sits somewhere on top of the USB
stack.
Rob.

"Rob" wrote:

The driver I wrote is for PXA270.
It is a HOST driver.
I spent about 2.5 weeks in writing it, testing included.
This is having driver-writing (+USB) experience to start from.
I you donot have that, beware....
Is this a commercial company, or a hobby project ?

The printer driver only implements 1 outgoing pipe, for CDC you need 2
(in/out)(copy/paste and change some flags), it has no bufferring.

Kind regards,
Rob.

"Nil" wrote:

Hi Rob,

I am new for USB CDC Driver. Can you give some way or steps to
write this driver? As you used Printer sample driver for starting point, so
in this CDC role is host (controlling CDC devices) or a device(acting as a
CDC device when connected to a PC)?

I want to try USB Modem on PXA270 in this scenario Is it possible to me to
take Printer code as a sample code?

regards,
Swapnil

"Rob" wrote:

I wrote such a driver, used the printer sample as a starting point.
Basically it consists of 2 bulk pipes, and handling of the SERIAL_* IOCTL's

For receiving you need a receive thread, reading bytes in a blocking way,
there is apperently no bufferring in the underlying layers, so if you call
read periodically, you will miss data.

Kind regards,
Rob van den Bergh