Re: USB CDC driver?

Hi Rob,

I am new for USB CDC Driver. Can you give some way or steps to
write this driver? As you used Printer sample driver for starting point, so
in this CDC role is host (controlling CDC devices) or a device(acting as a
CDC device when connected to a PC)?

I want to try USB Modem on PXA270 in this scenario Is it possible to me to
take Printer code as a sample code?

regards,
Swapnil

"Rob" wrote:

I wrote such a driver, used the printer sample as a starting point.
Basically it consists of 2 bulk pipes, and handling of the SERIAL_* IOCTL's

For receiving you need a receive thread, reading bytes in a blocking way,
there is apperently no bufferring in the underlying layers, so if you call
read periodically, you will miss data.

Kind regards,
Rob van den Bergh

  • Re: USB Modem Driver
    ... This driver exposes an USB device as a comport. ... Ofcourse your device must also be a CDC device for this to work. ...
  • Re: [ANNOUNCE] RNDIS Gadget Driver
    ... and the erratum I found also talks about better CDC ACM conformance. ... > the driver, we saw it when the driver was half way finished and we will ... I thought it was "just say no to vendor-neutral protocols" crack ... ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: usbser.sys throughput problem
    ... Most people and companies write their own CDC driver. ... So I promptly started writing my own CDC driver set ... When my device sends data to PC via its dedicated endpoint, ... the throughput is extremely low. ...
  • Re: Question about USB CDC under Windows 98SE.
    ... My compagny built an USB device that use Virtual COM port (CDC) on a PC. ... using the included usbser.sys driver (and a custom ".inf" ... On Windows 98SE, its seems that the included drivers (usbser.sys and others ...