Re: GPRS internet Wince5.0

The last message you should get is "connected"....

At that moment, what do you expect it to do more? It should provide you
internet access over your GPRS modem, the same way computers used to make a
connection with a dialup modem when broadband didn't existed.

Make sure you change the modem reset command from ATZ to AT. When the modem
receives ATZ, it forgets all it's settings. (It's a registry tweak.)

regards.

"Gull5227 via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u47059@uwe> wrote in message
Hi everyone

I have attached a BENQ GSM modem to my windows 5.0 device through a serial
port.

Iv configured all the settings,(Modem works only at baudrate=19200) and
when i dial up using myconnection. It seems to work fine, opens port,
connects to the device, dials service number (*99***1#), then it says
'Authenticating User'. Then 'User Authenticated' and then:
After the message, User Authenticated, the dial up do not do anything for
hours, I think is gets connected n a single step is beyond it AS my GPRS
service provider's LOG ive query about, shows that i was connected to
their
internet service, Also their server gives my device a valid IP address at
the
user authentication time.
Can someone help me out, where n what is the problem.,

My dialup settings are :
Baud rate=19220
Databits=8
Parity=None
Stop Bits=1
Flow Control=None

Extra setting command
+CGDCONT=1,"IP","ZONGINERNET"

Phone Number
*99***1#

Can some one sort out what the technical problem is? please let me have
some
help to solve it.
Thx

  • RE: error message
    ... Modem specs click on the link and you will find lots of Q and A: ... I will check with your ISP that there DNS and WINs settings are correct, ... or you can Right click your Local Connection in the Network Connections ... "dale" wrote: ...
  • Re: Lisp/Unix impedance [a programming challenge]
    ... I had a dial-up modem which cost me $9.95 ... If you suspend your Internet access for a couple of months ... >> Getting a Unix shell account can be a bit harder to find. ... CGI scripts - absolute and utter rubbish. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: SpeedTouch 585(i) v6: Allow New Devices?
    ... this modem, which is WPA-PSK. ... settings were changed, and all the control widgets to change settings ... the best thing to do under those circumstances would be to reset ... SSID and not broadcast it. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: SpeedTouch 585(i) v6: Allow New Devices?
    ... this modem, which is WPA-PSK. ... settings were changed, and all the control widgets to change settings ... the best thing to do under those circumstances would be to reset to the factor defaults. ... Of course it needs to be reconfigured for the wireless security and you can do that with the ACL business if you like. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Anybody in Australia willing to sub-hire me? (was: How best to implement HashCons in user
    ... The driver names and associated refnums are: ... // DTR input flow control enable flag ... *** There doesn't seem to be any way to read back these settings so ... modem before starting up the FAX software. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)