Re: WINCE Power management

Since USB HCD drivers provided by MS (OHCI, UHCI, EHCI) are not power
manager-aware (actually the IOCTL handlers are actually stubs) I suppose you
have cloned the code and added power management handling; did you add the
registry entry GUID to tell PM that your driver supports power management?
Are you returning the correct DeviceDx flags in POWER_CAPABILITIES struct
passed with IOCTL_POWER_CAPABILITIES? Are you sure that you're not blocking
in the first call to IOCTL_POWER_SET?
About DevicePowerNotify remember that the request might not result in a
device power state update. This depends on constraints imposed on Power
Manager by applications, as well as the system power state configuration.
If you enable debug zones in PM.dll you'll get a lot of informations which
can lead you to the problem solution

l.calligaris.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.eurotech.it

"Kiran K P" <Kiran K P@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi
I have implemented the power management for USB HCD driver.
I have implemented the IOCTL_POWER_CAPABILITIES, IOCTL_POWER_GET and the
IOCTL_POWER_SET in the driver.
When I start the system the device is enumerating through the
and also i am returning true from the IOCTL_POWER_CAPABILITIES when
success.My problem is ... I am not able to call the IOCTL_POWER_SET from
my
application always.
I have used the SetDevicePower API from an application and the call
succeeded to my IOCTL_POWER_SET once. But the next time onwards I am not
getting a call to my IOCTL_POWER_SET portion in the driver. I tried using
the
DevicePowerNotify also. These APIs return 0(SUCCESS) but i am not getting
call in the driver. COuld any body please help me on this?
Please let me know how to pass call to the IOCTL_POWER_SET from the
application successfully when ever needed

  • Re: Power on PCMCIA Card after
    ... > No I difn't write any management of power in my driver. ...
  • Re: USB-UART Driver Write problem
    ... I am developing a USB-UART driver, I had implemented the PnP, Power ... management, IOCTLs and Write operation. ...
  • Re: Nvidia MCP55 Machine reboots on ixgb driver load
    ... There are some serious hardware compatibility issues with the ixgb mixing it with other cards on the same PCI-X bus, ... loading the driver with debug does not appear to produce ... 02:00.0 PCI bridge: NEC Corporation uPD720400 PCI Express - PCI/PCI-X Bridge ... ACPI: Power Button ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: XP will not "Wake the computer to run this task"
    ... The OS is not operating when the system is in hibernation. ... is no way for it to trigger a wake up from hibernation. ... BIOS would power on the system and boot it from hibernation. ... look for power management settings on my network cards. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: KB835732 breaks S3 standby timer
    ... APM is a BIOS ... for power control. ... most late SCSI and NDIS drivers hook WDM ACPI messages. ... Windows driver interaction issues, you should disable ACPI for these ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)