CE6.0 Build Failure

Hi All,
I am working on CE6.0 OS.
When i include a few SYSGEN variables and do a 'Rebuild Solution', the
build stops in sysgen phase of directx.
The build.log specifies the following error

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: The environment
block used to start a process cannot be longer than 65535 bytes. Your
environment block is 69632 bytes long. Remove some environment
variables and try again.
at System.Diagnostics.EnvironmentBlock.ToByteArray(StringDictionary
sd, Boolean unicode)
at
System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo
startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Microsoft.PlatformBuilder.MainClass.Main(String[] args)
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'SysgenMake' : return code '0xe0434f4d'
Stop.

As the error suggested, i removed some environment variables (some
unused ones for time being) from my platform and 'Rebuild Solution'.
This time the build succeeds.

Is there such limit of 65535 bytes for the environment variables and
if it is, is removing the environment variables a correct solution?
The env variables that i have removed are just temporary for now, but
these will be used later on during the project.
How do i find out how much the size of the environment variables is in
my build?
Is there a way to increase the size limit on environment variables?

Appreciate a quick response.
Thanks in advance

  • Re: Setting environment variables
    ... a child process inherits a copy of the environment block of the parent process." ... "...the new process copies the block of environment variables and the directory setting from its ... The only way to set the environment variables permanently is to modify the AUTOEXEC.BAT file on ...
    (borland.public.delphi.nativeapi)
  • Re: Kernel size about 4.2 and 5.0
    ... SYSGEN variables are environment variables (but I think you meant ... the BSP. ... Bruce.Eitman AT EuroTech DOT com ...
  • Re: Minimal group of required environment variables for CreateProcess?
    ... While it's possible to reuse the current environment block it's also possible to change or clear it. ... Tests with an empty environment block fail though. ... And I wonder now which environment variables should be set by the library by default to support library users. ...