Re: Can a touchscreen driver be written as a user mode driver?

"Jack" wrote:

well since the touchdriver needs access to the HW you need to run it
in the kernel mode.

I thought drivers in CE6 could access hardware (memory and IO reads). But
I'm still coming up to speed, so maybe I'm wrong.

Since the touchscreen driver lives below the GWES, which is in kernel space,
I figure that the touchscreen driver will need to be as well. That's what I'm
trying to verify.

Steve

  • Re: NativeOverlapped, does it work??
    ... You need to keep that fixed in memory, and if you are using a fixed statement the memory location of the structure is subject to change. ... Instead, I would pin the structure (and then get the unsafe pointer to the structure), or marshal it to unmanaged memory, where you can hold onto the pointer for the life of the call. ... I'm trying to read some messages from a kernel mode mini-filter driver. ...
  • Re: Writing and reading from a physical address
    ... If you just return the pointer to the memory you got from ... driver to read or write some registers on the hardware. ... How can I do this through a driver. ... run my complete application in kernel mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: Writing and reading from a physical address
    ... MmMapIoSpaceinto my application memory. ... driver to read or write some registers on the hardware. ... How can I do this through a driver. ... run my complete application in kernel mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: Writing and reading from a physical address
    ... I am also looking into using a function to map a chuck of physical memory ... Else have you written a driver dedicated to it? ... run my complete application in kernel mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: Writing and reading from a physical address
    ... driver to read or write some registers on the hardware. ... How can I do this through a driver. ... In the application this memory is accessed like normal memory. ... run my complete application in kernel mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)