Re: Add Drivers to OS desing

Well, if you are sure the driver is in your kernel (so you can see the files in the windows folder) then if you enter the name and the device still doesn't work it simply indicates it is either the wrong driver for the device, or you have a problem with your USB host driver.

Did you enable all debugzones for USB? What do you see when you attach the driver?

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

San wrote:
Hi Michel,

I did all steps you has told me, I had read the posto "what build and when". I only changed one step. As you can see in this post, Bruce told me to Copy Files before doing Sysgen if I was working with WinCE 6.0 (I didn't understand why but I did it)

I changed the project.bib in this way:

MODULES
; Name Path Memory Type
; -------------- --------------------------------------------- -----------
usbharv.dll C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\SMDK2440\Files\usbharv.dll NK cpl.dll C:\WINCE600\PLATFORM\SMDK2440\Files\cpl.dll NK

These are the 2 necessary drivers for usb conection, as written on manufacturer doc.

Anyway, it still doen't work. When I plug in my device and windows CE ask me for the device usb driver name I write "usbharv.dll" but it doesn't works.

Any idea?

Thank you!

"Michel Verhagen (eMVP)" wrote:

You don't necessarily have to modify the registry entries, *if* entering the device name works (in the dialog box that CE shows you when you plug in the device) *and* if the device has a persistent registry (which you flush after entering the name in the dialog box).

If you added the driver to the image correctly, *and* the driver is actually the correct one for the device, then entering the device name in the dialog box should work.

Did you change the platform.bib?
If you did, did you do a "Sysgen" of your *BSP*?
If you did, did you then click "Copy files to release folder" from the build menu in PB?
If you did, did you then perform a makeimg?

All these steps are listed here (read it, it'll help you): http://guruce.com/blogpost/whattobuildwhen

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

San wrote:
Hi Bruce,

I've fonund a document about "installing the USB comunication-bus driver on windows CE" from the device vendor. The procedure is the same I had tried but it doesn't talks about modifing the registry entries. It only tells that I've to deploy 2 files (usbharv.dll and cpl.dll) to an area that windows Ce will automatically search when trying to find the appropiate drives file for the module.

I've copied both files on my BSP\FILES and I've add the entry on project.bib as modules.

After doing what you told me I've laoded the new nk.bin to my board. But I doesn't works yet. It continues to ask me for the device driver name...and I try to write it but obviously it tell me there is an error...

Is the Windows CE's DLL search path correct?

I've to load the "include" file too...I've found how to do it from command line but how can I do it from Platform Builder?

I've actually search for these items on MSDN documentation but it doesn't specifies too much...

Thank you!!!

"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" wrote:

You need to get the registry entries from the vendor then.

www.EuroTech.com

"San" <San@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C3B39CA0-6A9F-4464-9DAF-D17972D9B050@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry...I'm too new on Windows CE and drivers network

I'm not sure about which registry entries I have to setup...I only have the
dll file
and there no information doc about modifing registry entries...could you
give any directive??

Thanks in advance! I've read some post in your blog...It's really helpfull
what you do...

Regards,

San

  • Re: Cantt copy to DVD
    ... Driver ... DSP Group TrueSpeechSoftware CODEC: ... Ricoh 1394 Controller May Not Work with Windows XP ... Windows XP Does Not Detect Your New USB Device ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Active home pro stopped working II
    ... It really depends on the version of windows. ... is just plugging the cm15a to a different USB port on your PC. ... I've seen stuff get wacked out, driver wise, under windows. ... I think what he's describing are the sound effects in the AHP software. ...
    (comp.home.automation)
  • Re: aAttention MSVPs. USB 2.0 Drivers not recognised - XP is defective !
    ... General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP ... both for the latest USB 2.0 driver for my motherboard and for my USB/ ... My mobo has six ports, of which four are designated as USB 2.0. ...
  • Re: USB midi input device
    ... The case is Windows 2000 doesn't talk USB protocol as XP or Linux do. ... There is a problem with acquiring the correct driver from the manufacturer and installing it. ... default generic "driver" that comes with the operating operating system OR they must SUPPLY the driver that makes their hardware work with the operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)
  • Re: Add Drivers to OS desing
    ... "Michel Verhagen (eMVP)" wrote: ... On the CE device, open a windows explorer. ... if you are sure the driver is in your kernel (so you can see the files ... or you have a problem with your USB host driver. ...