Clone SkinnableUI

So, I'm trying to clone a catalog item, specifically the SkinnableUI. There
are documents on MSDN that show how to clone by right clicking on a catalog
item, and Michel has a great post on how to clone items that don't have that
option (netui):

http://www.guruce.com/blogpost/cloningpubliccodeanexample

But I'm trying to clone the SkinnableUI component and it doesn't fit any
documentation I"ve found so far. There must be an easy way to do this, I'm
sure I'm just missing something.

When I follow Michel's blog and use the sysgen_capture -p common
skinnableui, it returns an error. If I try and copy a single component from
the skinnableui folder, like gcacheview and run the sysgen_capture -p
gcacheview, I get an error saying:
BUILD: [01:0000000028:ERRORE] NMAKE : U1073: don't know how to make
'gcacheviewxp.def'
BUILD: [01:0000000029:INFO ] Stop.
BUILD: [01:0000000030:ERRORE] NMAKE.EXE TargetExeFiles -i -c BUILDMSG=Stop.
BUILDROOT=C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\OSDesign2\OSDesign2\GCACHEVIEWXP\ LINKONLY=1
NOPASS0=1MAKEDLL=1 failed - rc = 2

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but I'm lost here. From everything I've
read, this should be so simple, and yet I can't get it to work.

  • Re: WinCE 5 - clone catalog item again - unable to do via PB ?
    ... "Paul G. Tobey " <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT ... Even if some of us occasionally do, some day tried to clone just a subtree as an example of good doing. ... In the Catalog, select the Catalog item you want to clone into your OS design and then, from the context menu, choose Add to OS Design. ...
  • Re: WinCE 5 - clone catalog item again - unable to do via PB ?
    ... for each item you're trying to clone. ... the needed source code under whatever tree it is). ... Create or open a workspace containing an OS design you want to modify. ... In the Catalog, select the Catalog item you want to clone into your OS ...
  • Re: Problem building oomui.lib
    ... Since oomui do not have a catalog item associated with it ... you have to clone it manually (it's just a lib for other modules to ... I've now tried cloning (followed the instructions at ...
  • WinCE 5 - clone catalog item again - unable to do via PB ?
    ... it was enough said not to modify the code under PUBLIC tree. ... Even if some of us occasionally do, some day tried to clone just a subtree as an example of good doing. ... In the Catalog, select the Catalog item you want to clone into your OS design and then, from the context menu, choose Add to OS Design. ...