Re: Add Drivers to OS desing

You don't necessarily have to modify the registry entries, *if* entering the device name works (in the dialog box that CE shows you when you plug in the device) *and* if the device has a persistent registry (which you flush after entering the name in the dialog box).

If you added the driver to the image correctly, *and* the driver is actually the correct one for the device, then entering the device name in the dialog box should work.

Did you change the platform.bib?
If you did, did you do a "Sysgen" of your *BSP*?
If you did, did you then click "Copy files to release folder" from the build menu in PB?
If you did, did you then perform a makeimg?

All these steps are listed here (read it, it'll help you): http://guruce.com/blogpost/whattobuildwhen

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

San wrote:
Hi Bruce,

I've fonund a document about "installing the USB comunication-bus driver on windows CE" from the device vendor. The procedure is the same I had tried but it doesn't talks about modifing the registry entries. It only tells that I've to deploy 2 files (usbharv.dll and cpl.dll) to an area that windows Ce will automatically search when trying to find the appropiate drives file for the module.

I've copied both files on my BSP\FILES and I've add the entry on project.bib as modules.

After doing what you told me I've laoded the new nk.bin to my board. But I doesn't works yet. It continues to ask me for the device driver name...and I try to write it but obviously it tell me there is an error...

Is the Windows CE's DLL search path correct?

I've to load the "include" file too...I've found how to do it from command line but how can I do it from Platform Builder?

I've actually search for these items on MSDN documentation but it doesn't specifies too much...

Thank you!!!

"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" wrote:

You need to get the registry entries from the vendor then.

www.EuroTech.com

"San" <San@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C3B39CA0-6A9F-4464-9DAF-D17972D9B050@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry...I'm too new on Windows CE and drivers network

I'm not sure about which registry entries I have to setup...I only have the
dll file
and there no information doc about modifing registry entries...could you
give any directive??

Thanks in advance! I've read some post in your blog...It's really helpfull
what you do...

Regards,

San

.