Re: GPRS modem

Hi,

at the minimum, you have to create a new dial up networking connection
through something like this ( actual names depend on your platform )
Start --> Control Panel --> Dial Up and Networking and follow wizard steps
for a new dial up connection, where you choose your modem and its proper com
port as a dial up modem.

If your gprs modem is not natively supported by Windows CE 5, then you may
need a driver for it from the manufacturer.

Regards
Sergei R

"sohailto via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u37977@uwe> wrote in message
Hi all
I have attached a BENQ GSM modem to my wince 5.0 device through a serial
port.
How do I configure wince to browse internet through GPRS?

Any help?

Best regards

  • Re: Basic Request about WINCE5.0 app-devs enviroment
    ... You're going to need a GPRS modem and driver. ... The modem *must* have a driver compatible with and built for Windows CE ... According to WINCE device manufacturer's words, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: Telnet to Modem/Bridge
    ... One interface for PPPoE connection, ... modem connection. ... I need to develop a WinCE application that controls an ADSL ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • RE: Problems in serial port...
    ... I have a serial gprs modem, which i interface with the my platform running ... But in wince 6 the same is not happening. ... shorted 2nd and 3rd port of my onboard serial port, to test a loopback. ...
  • Re: Blocking out ARPs or a modem IP from ethernet driver
    ... driver for a particuliar modem IP address. ... WinCE is broadcastingGratuitousARPs when the system powers up. ... inside the ETHDEBG\KITLETH directory under the commons directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: GSM/GPRS modem problem
    ... I was working with two GPRS modem, ... office the power down and my GRPS modems turn off. ... I turn on the GPRS modem, it does not connect to the GSM Network. ...
    (comp.dcom.modems)