Re: msvcr80.dll and msvcr80d.dll

Seems pretty obvious. Set an entry in that multiple-string registry entry
to the path where you want the loader to look for additional EXEs and DLLs.

"SystemPath"=MULTI_SZ:"\\myfolder\\","\\another folder\\"

whatever...

Paul T.

"San" <San@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
What should I change on this code for setting as windows CE's dll search
path
the directory whre I have my dll files??

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader]
"SystemPath":REG_MULTI_SZ

I've searched on VS2005 help but I don't find anything...

Thanks!

"Roger Williamson" wrote:

A word of caution to anyone reading this thread. I eventually had to go
an
put MFC in the CE image anyway.

"Roger Williamson" wrote:

Paul,

I'm going to go with the "take the two dlls and register them with
platform.bib" approach. It seems to be working so far.

Thanks for helping me weigh the options.

Roger

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

Other ways to do what? Keep the DLLs around? We don't know
*anything*
about your device, so we have no way of knowing what folders might be
persistent, if any! You can add the folders that are persistent to
the list
of places that the loader looks when trying to find EXEs and DLLs, if
you
have such a place. Look up Search Path Registry Settings in the
help.

Paul T.

"Roger Williamson" <RogerWilliamson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
in
message news:6D9F8939-9EEF-499B-B784-0905D7C7C642@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Paul,

I'm actually running CE 5.0.

As far as pulling the dlls out and putting them in my .bib file, I
was
hoping to avoid doing that, and I was told specifically to never
have MFC
in
the image. Are there any other ways?

Thank you,
Roger.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

You can't really do that directly any more (MFC now comes with
VS2005,
not
with Windows CE). Of course, you could just add them to one of
your BIB
files, project.bib, for example. I try to stay away from MFC, so
I've
not
tried to build it into any CE6 systems, which I hope is what
you're
using.
There might be a better or more-maintainable way. A search of the
archives
is your best bet for finding that:

http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&hl=en&;

In the Group field, enter microsoft.public.windowsce.* to search
all of
the
Windows CE groups. For this question, "MFC" and "ce6" might be
good
search
terms...

  • Re: regfree-loading
    ... non-shared Dlls, which are placed beside your Exe in its ... But back to the (regfree) usable COM-Dlls, ... In case I deliver an App-Suite that consists of many Exes, ... this *is* indeed working really regfree - the registry is not ...
  • "APPINIT_DLLS=" error and ".wll" error
    ... Ok first off I have no knowledge of registry problems or how to fix them. ... All the DLLs that are specified in this value are loaded by each Microsoft ... Note This feature may not be available in future versions of the Windows ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: ftp from Access: problems
    ... > You obviously have no idea what is meant by hardcoding, how OLE dlls ... > registered an entry in the registry points to the correct file. ... You say it's unprofessional to hard-code ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: How rreliable is the CLSID method of obtaining a file location?
    ... Ok, in that case use the CSLID to find the file, also use the shareddll area ... of the registry. ... dlls) on machine which could give you the wrong information about what is ... The idea being thatsome rogue install routine ...
  • Help!: Problems with Restricted access accounts
    ... series of business object DLLs that need to be registered on each local ... Our clients have their users set up as Restricted user accounts. ... the user tries again as a restricted access user account, ... seems that the user is unable to "see" the DLL entries in the registry. ...