Re: Add Drivers to OS desing

Hi Bruce,

I've fonund a document about "installing the USB comunication-bus driver on
windows CE" from the device vendor. The procedure is the same I had tried but
it doesn't talks about modifing the registry entries. It only tells that I've
to deploy 2 files (usbharv.dll and cpl.dll) to an area that windows Ce will
automatically search when trying to find the appropiate drives file for the
module.

I've copied both files on my BSP\FILES and I've add the entry on project.bib
as modules.

After doing what you told me I've laoded the new nk.bin to my board. But I
doesn't works yet. It continues to ask me for the device driver name...and I
try to write it but obviously it tell me there is an error...

Is the Windows CE's DLL search path correct?

I've to load the "include" file too...I've found how to do it from command
line but how can I do it from Platform Builder?

I've actually search for these items on MSDN documentation but it doesn't
specifies too much...

Thank you!!!

"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" wrote:

You need to get the registry entries from the vendor then.

www.EuroTech.com

"San" <San@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Sorry...I'm too new on Windows CE and drivers network

I'm not sure about which registry entries I have to setup...I only have
the
dll file
and there no information doc about modifing registry entries...could you
give any directive??

Thanks in advance! I've read some post in your blog...It's really helpfull
what you do...

Regards,

San

  • Installing some antique programs
    ... I have been able to use Windows 2000 as long as I have only because the 2000 Forum is outstanding -- not only in the knowledge encountered there, but in the willingness of folks far more computer literate than I to devote time to assisting others with problems. ... "Daniel Jameson" wrote in message ... For most programs you only have to do this once, because the program only needs to create the registry entries the one time; from then on it needs only read access to the registry. ... >I have a program, Harvard Graphics for Windows, developed by Software ...
  • Strange Virus problem on Windows XP
    ... I have a very strange virus on my windows XP system. ... are created and also the registry entries are re-created, ... I have got the hosts file from MVPS web site to block unwanted pop ... who is deleting the hosts file. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Installing some antique programs
    ... there are no registry entries on my 2000 machine. ... would Vista even recognize the ... some installation CD's that I have for 2000/XP applications were rejected by ... Run Regedit on the Windows 2000 computer, ...
  • Re: Windows wont shutdown
    ... Just a note that I missed in my original post: The system does shutdown ... > leaving it at the "Windows is shutting down" screen. ... > re-register it to re-establish the correct registry entries. ... Another option is to do a hardware rebuild, ...
  • Windows wont shutdown
    ... On an HP Pavilion 750n with Windows XP Home and every security/update patch ... I'm thinking that the dll's registry entries that signals this event has been ... Another option is to do a hardware rebuild, ...