Re: splash window through E-boot

once you used eboot to flash the image, how do you boot the flash image? the
bootloader on the flash should show the splash image: how to do it is all at
your side; you probably would save the bmp file on the flash (using JTAG or
the bootloader itself); the bootloader will init the display controller,
read the palette from the bmp file and copy the image on the display frame
buffer.
the x86 BIOSLOADER does basically what you need, reading the bmp file from a
FAT storage; taking a look at it will be useful (of course you have to add
all the display management code for your HW)

"shinewine via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u42142@uwe> ha scritto nel messaggio
Hello friends,
I am working in smdk2440 BSP. I am burning image into the nandflash
through ethernet. Now i want to display any image in the LCD before the
image
(NK.bin) run when the board is restarted.

I don't know what steps and where the changes are required.

can anybody tell me the steps in proper sequence. and what functions
are
required to change.

Thanks to all of you.

--
M.Zubair

  • Re: Field Updates of Windows CE
    ... I'd say, if you have the space on the card, yes, 1) rename old nk.bin ... that Windows Mobile actually does nk.bin replacements via the bootloader, ... many, if not all, of the Windows CE integration companies have bootloaders ... and flash copy, which is a BIG job, to my way of thinking. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Field Updates of Windows CE
    ... because you need both the SD card driver and the FATFS support. ... Interesting recommendation on not using eboot, but a different bootloader ... many, if not all, of the Windows CE integration companies have bootloaders ... and flash copy, which is a BIG job, to my way of thinking. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Field Updates of Windows CE
    ... I'm facing the same update problem on a WinCE 6.0 based device. ... I've also seen mentioned the Image Update capability that is in Windows ... FATFS into the bootloader. ... and flash copy, which is a BIG job, to my way of thinking. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Nand Flash Data Lost
    ... While you mentioned not only registry but also the files are lost after reboot and the bootloader did not repartition your flash, it is believe the OS wipes the Flash. ... Have you tried to build a Image only mount the NAND as an ordinal external storage but not for storing Hive nor mounting as root file-system and to see if files still lost after rebooting? ...
  • Re: Bootloader Placement
    ... which, firstly copies all code and data from flash to RAM and then checks data on an MMC card to see whether an update of the flash is necessary and, if so, copies new program data into the flash. ... At the moment I have two projects - the bootloader as a stand-alone loader and the full application, which has the bootloader code as part of it. ... What I'd like to do is seperate the bootloader code from the application code and have the boot loader pass control to the application once it has done its checks and, if necessary, reprogramming. ... My thoughts were to define the first flash sector as a seperate linker section and locate all the bootloader functions and data in there but as part of the application software. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)