Re: Supporting AT Commant and Data Call from PC

On Oct 17, 1:30 pm, Rob <R...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I don't know the details of your "usb Modem classs Driver", but I would
expect that to handle this (?).
AT commands are transferred over the same datalink, after "escaping" from
the regular datastream (I believe by sending +++ or using a control-signal).

Check the implementation of your driver, to see if this is handled.

Kind regards,
Rob.

"Arun" wrote:
Hi,

We are working on Wince 5.0 device, and want to use the device as a
Modem to PC.

My BSP supports serial usb Modem classs Driver and gets detected as
Modem on PC.

Now, I want to send AT Commands from the PC and initialize the modem
and make a Data Call.

What things should be implemented on the device side to support this?
Are there any references?

Thanks
Arun- Hide quoted text -

Hi Rob thanks for the reply.

Right now, the path is established between the PC and my target device
using usb as a modem.
and Im able to send/receive AT commands.

My question is, what needs to be present/implemented on the device to
add Data call support?
Is Tapi required? How is the Call established and the response sent
back to the PC?

Arun

  • Re: Supporting AT Commant and Data Call from PC
    ... "Arun" wrote: ... I don't know the details of your "usb Modem classs Driver", ...
  • RE: Supporting AT Commant and Data Call from PC
    ... I don't know the details of your "usb Modem classs Driver", ... AT commands are transferred over the same datalink, ... My BSP supports serial usb Modem classs Driver and gets detected as ...
  • Supporting AT Commant and Data Call from PC
    ... My BSP supports serial usb Modem classs Driver and gets detected as ...
  • Re: problems with wvdial
    ... pppd wants a "working" serial link and this is ... commands are evidently implemented by the modem, ... than a regular PSTN modem. ... the peer. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: minicom serial output
    ... >doesn't react and a multimeter accross the serial port shows that no data ... >initialisation / hangup commands. ... I already changed the modem initialisation string to ... present minicom configuration, go back to the default configuration ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)