Re: USB Client Driver loading in WCE 5.0

On Oct 19, 3:30 pm, "Michel Verhagen (eMVP)" <mic...@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Looks like you're confusing USB Function with USB Host.

What does "plug this device into my bsp" and "unplug this device from my
bsp" mean?

A BSP is a board support package, it is a set of drivers and low level
kernel code that is used as a layer between the OS and the hardware.
Plugging something in a BSP doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Tell us a bit more about your system and we may be able to deduct the
correct terminology from your situation.

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog:http://GuruCE.com/blog

  GuruCE
  Microsoft Embedded Partner
 http://GuruCE.com

tpande...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All,
I am working on integrating a 3rd party USB Client driver integration
into our BSP.
I have never worked on USB driver before.I have the registry keys
given to us by third party and that tells like it is a client driver.
I went through the msdn about it but could not get much about it.
I got to know that these drivers should be loaded by USB EHCI driver.

When I plug this device into my bsp I see as USB_FN and RNDISFN driver
unloaded and USB_EHCI and USBD loaded.I am not sure what should happen
next coz I didnt see any other debug messages.

When I unplug this device from my bsp I see as USB_FN and RNDISFN
driver loaded and USB_EHCI and USBD unloaded.

Can anybody help?

T Pandey

I am sorry about my terminology Michel.I know about the BSP and I
should not have used this term for plugging and unplugging.
I meant plugging and unplugging the USB device into my Phone device
that I am working on.

And the rest of the story remains same.I was told that EHCI will read
the registry entries for this driver when it will be plugged into the
phone device and will try loading that but I don't see any other debug
messages except the one I told above.

T Pandey

  • Re: USB Client Driver loading in WCE 5.0
    ... Normally phones don't support USB host, so plugging a device into your phone usually doesn't work. ... What does "plug this device into my bsp" and "unplug this device from my ... I am working on integrating a 3rd party USB Client driver integration ...
  • Re: USB Client Driver loading in WCE 5.0
    ... Looks like you're confusing USB Function with USB Host. ... What does "plug this device into my bsp" and "unplug this device from my bsp" mean? ... I am working on integrating a 3rd party USB Client driver integration ... When I unplug this device from my bsp I see as USB_FN and RNDISFN ...
  • Re: Incorporating a 3rd party driver into a BSP/Image
    ... any sample code, I though we were talking about a the Summit binaries. ... folder and run? ... As far as 'making it part of my BSP', I'm not sure what that means ... driver into its own catalog item and add/remove them from any OS ...
  • Re: Reg. USB Driver while booting wince 5.0
    ... My USB driver is working in my evaluation board and i was able to ... BSP Interrupt Enable IRQ ... [NOTIFY] ...
  • Re: Reg. USB Driver while booting wince 5.0
    ... Did you remove the component that includes your display driver? ... BSP Interrupt Enable IRQ ... Main thread in proc 4dc85a1a faulted, ...