Re: Why does hive-base registry couse the default power status fai

1. Because PM is started in boot phase 1
2. Only the boot hive is loaded at that point in time
3. PM only reads its settings from the registry when it initializes

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

C.L wrote:
Dear Bruce,

Could you please tell me why pm.dll only check the registery in the boot hive when using hive-base registry? Thank you.

"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" wrote:

Did you put those in the boot hive?

www.EuroTech.com

"hehe" <hehe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6E49133B-D773-413D-8FD4-9D4684142ECA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I want to set some device's default power status. I set it in registry such
as the follow:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On]
"spi1:"=dword:4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\UserIdle]
"spi1:"=dword:4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\SystemIdle]
"spi1:"=dword:4

it work fine under ram-base registry, but when used hive base registry, it
doesn't work. how can i do??

by the way, i find some device driver can cause the system into d2 mode
immediately after resume, why??

.