Re: Why does hive-base registry couse the default power status fai

1. Because PM is started in boot phase 1
2. Only the boot hive is loaded at that point in time
3. PM only reads its settings from the registry when it initializes

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

C.L wrote:
Dear Bruce,

Could you please tell me why pm.dll only check the registery in the boot hive when using hive-base registry? Thank you.

"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" wrote:

Did you put those in the boot hive?

www.EuroTech.com

"hehe" <hehe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6E49133B-D773-413D-8FD4-9D4684142ECA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I want to set some device's default power status. I set it in registry such
as the follow:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On]
"spi1:"=dword:4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\UserIdle]
"spi1:"=dword:4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\SystemIdle]
"spi1:"=dword:4

it work fine under ram-base registry, but when used hive base registry, it
doesn't work. how can i do??

by the way, i find some device driver can cause the system into d2 mode
immediately after resume, why??

  • Re: BTS2006 HAT Error
    ... Younes is correct. ... Please see our blog for more information: ... >> An error has occured in the script on this page ... The local computer may not have the necessary registry ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Support for Global Interface Table (GIT)
    ... I an APP level type developer and your Blog is way ... If you're targeting Windows Mobile (where there's no OEM option for adding ... I cannot find the GUID for CLSID_StdGlobalInterfaceTable in the registry. ... CoMarshalInterface() won't link "unresolved external symbol" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: touchpad caliberation with WinCe5.0
    ... Bruce Eitman (eMVP) ... Bruce.Eitman AT EuroTech DOT com ... You do not have a presistent registry ...
  • Re: Loading USB driver @ boot
    ... Good luck, ... Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog ... Michel Verhagen (eMVP) wrote: ... Another way is just to unload the entire USB stack, then set the registry to point to the dll on the USB drive and then reload the stack. ...
  • Re: Updating CLSID registry in Platform.reg
    ... Bruce Eitman (eMVP) ... Bruce.Eitman AT EuroTech DOT com ... My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman ... I am trying to change the direct show registry under image sink filter. ...