Re: Create dir on flash at boot (WinCE6.0)

Easiest way forward is to create an application that creates the folders for you. You then start this application through the HKLM\Init key. The application will wait for the NAND Flash to mount (by using device notifications or even polling with FindFirst/NextStore).

I'm not entirely sure if forcing the NAND to mount in boot phase 1 will be soon enough for .dat file execution (but I don't think so).

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

RickardF wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to set up a directory structure on my flash at boot by
using project.dat.
My flash mounts as "NAND_Flash" so the command in my project.dat looks
something like:

Directory("\NAND_Flash"):-Directory("MyDir")

Now, when I boot my system I find that the "NAND_Flash\MyDir" is found
in the RAM file system and that my flash is mounted as "NAND_Flash2"
and is empty.

I realise that this is because the flash has not been mounted at the
time the .dat command is executed but how can I force this? Or, is
this even the way forward?

Thanks,
Rickard

  • Re: More Thoughts on Green Arrays
    ... There is an SPI flash boot node, ... used, booting from flash, reading data from flash, using analog ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: WinCE 5.0 RegFlush on Cold Boot
    ... the highest risk when using flash is full corruption due to power ... I know that this is not what is happening and I'm sure this registry flush ... at boot would not wear out a flash block for years. ... constantly it would still last a decade before you had a failure. ...
  • Re: WinCE 5.0 RegFlush on Cold Boot
    ... There's no clean way to prevent the flush, ... I know that this is not what is happening and I'm sure this registry flush ... at boot would not wear out a flash block for years. ...
  • system hangs trying to recover hive registry on a 100% full filesystem
    ... A Nand Flash block device driver. ... The Nand Flashdisk is loaded early in the boot process to be able to load ... Hive registry enabled on the Nand Flashdisk ...
  • Re: Fast Start-up
    ... If RAM access on your hardware is ... copying the OS from flash or where ever you have it stored might ... Faster processors generally boot faster. ... power down the processor and peripherals. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)