Why does hive-base registry couse the default power status failed?

I want to set some device's default power status. I set it in registry such
as the follow:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On]
"spi1:"=dword:4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\UserIdle]
"spi1:"=dword:4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\SystemIdle]
"spi1:"=dword:4

it work fine under ram-base registry, but when used hive base registry, it
doesn't work. how can i do??

by the way, i find some device driver can cause the system into d2 mode
immediately after resume, why??

.