Why does hive-base registry couse the default power status failed?

I want to set some device's default power status. I set it in registry such
as the follow:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On]
"spi1:"=dword:4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\UserIdle]
"spi1:"=dword:4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\SystemIdle]
"spi1:"=dword:4

it work fine under ram-base registry, but when used hive base registry, it
doesn't work. how can i do??

by the way, i find some device driver can cause the system into d2 mode
immediately after resume, why??

  • Re: Power Options Indicates two revision levels are incompa- cannot save settings
    ... 'Power Policy Manager unable to set policy' ... Anyone able to help me fix this please? ... How comfortable are you with editing the registry? ... able to fix this problem by deleting the registry keys for user ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • RE: resume debugging
    ... have you implemented the power management functions for your Drivers? ... fForceSet is 0 ... 49280 0x83d38e00: PlatformSetSystemPowerState: calling PowerOffSystem() ...
  • Re: Power Options Indicates two revision levels are incompa- cannot save settings
    ... 'Power Policy Manager unable to set policy' ... Anyone able to help me fix this please? ... How comfortable are you with editing the registry? ... able to fix this problem by deleting the registry keys for ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Idle Timeout Info
    ... It reads the values from the registry when ... not using GWES power managment. ... beitman AT applieddata DOT net ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
  • Re: Application gone after power on
    ... The RAM filesystem and the registry storage are essentially the same. ... course, if the battery dies, it's gone. ... they power it up and find that the application is just not there. ...