Re: How to unload or reload a WinCE driver

There is no need to get the handle from the registry. Just use FindFirst/NextDevice to get the handle. *THAT's* the documented way.

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog:

Bruce Eitman [eMVP] wrote:
Let me restate what Chris said, but in a different way.

The handle stored in the HKLM\Drivers\Active is undocumented, as such it may change in the future. So while your code may work in some cases today, it may also fail in some case (none that I know of personally) and may fail in the future based on a QFE or new Windows CE version.

So proceed with that at your own risk.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Index"=dword:1 ?
    ... Good luck, ... Michel Verhagen, eMVP ... By omitting the "Index" value the Device Manager will automatically increment the index in case of multiple instances. ... What do you mean with "standard format"? ...
  • Re: wince equivalent of jiffies_to_usecs(this is in linux 2.6)
    ... Good luck, ... Check out my blog: ... GuruCE Ltd. ... Michel Verhagen (eMVP) wrote: ...
  • Re: CE 6.0 QVGA Resources
    ... Yeah, most common dialogs work well with QVGAP on landscape, just don't ... Good luck, ... "Michel Verhagen (eMVP)" wrote: ... There are no resources for QVGA landscape, ...
  • Re: file and settings transfer cannot complete the transfer
    ... "Michel Verhagen (eMVP)" wrote: ... focused on Windows CE. ... You may have better luck posting in a newsgroup ... The File&Settings Transfer runs for 5 minutes then ends with error messages ...
  • Re: Build Failed Message
    ... there's no build.log in the WINCE600 folder? ... Good luck, ... Michel Verhagen, eMVP ... Now all of a sudden I'm getting a "build failed" message on the status bar at the bottom of the screen immediately after I try any of the build commands. ...