Re: How to unload or reload a WinCE driver

There is no need to get the handle from the registry. Just use FindFirst/NextDevice to get the handle. *THAT's* the documented way.

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

Bruce Eitman [eMVP] wrote:
Let me restate what Chris said, but in a different way.

The handle stored in the HKLM\Drivers\Active is undocumented, as such it may change in the future. So while your code may work in some cases today, it may also fail in some case (none that I know of personally) and may fail in the future based on a QFE or new Windows CE version.

So proceed with that at your own risk.

.