RE: Platform Builder 5.0 cancels image download on Windows Vista

Two words... dual boot. I am not too familiar with the characteristics of PB
on Vista.

Seriously, that is strange. Can you get any indication on the device side
what might be happening to cause the download to pause? Has anything else
changed with your setup (workstation, network, etc.). Have you tried using a
crossover cable with static IPs to see if the same problem occurs?

It does seem strange that the download starts, and then dies.

"pkuebler" wrote:

Hello everybody,

one little question :-) By now, I'm running Windows Vista for about two
months. At the beginning, Platform Builder 5.0 seemed not to work on that.
Furtunately Build, Sysgen, ... now seem to work. Creating a image also works
fine. The problem occurs when a download to the device (PXA270) is being
started.

On Windows XP the download over ethernet worked fine. On Vista the device
also appears within the connectivity options. It even starts downloading. But
after a few mbytes (between 5 and 11 megs) the download pauses and finally
the download dialog disappears without any message. I tried serveral
configurations, all without success ....

So the question is: What am I going to do now? :-)

Kind regards,
Peter

  • Vista sp1 update error 8007000 fixed....because I care
    ... Run Reset Windows Update Tool and System Update Readiness Tool ... Please download and run System Update Readiness Tool from the link below according to the System Type: ... System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 32-bit ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Simple Video Edtitng Software ?
    ... I would not suggest a Vista switch under any circumstances until Microsoft gets to at least Service Pack 2, possibly 3, and I can't imagine any good reason why I would want to switch the OS given how well Parallels unifies the two environments of OSX and Windows. ... It took ten minutes for the "Preparing for download" progress bar to reach 100%, but it still went on "preparing" for four more minutes before the download actually started. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Vista sp1 update error 8007000 fixed....because I care
    ... nice post for those who need to install * Vista SP2 * ... Please download and run System Update Readiness Tool from the link below according to the System Type: ... System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 32-bit ... please restart the computer and install Windows Vista SP1 again. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Security Toolbar 7.1
    ... Go through these general malware removal steps systematically - ... Multi_AV in Vista. ... You'll see "Download von www pctipp.ch" and the live link to download ... your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Visual C++ Runtime Library Error
    ... Tools/Manage Addons/Enable or Disable Addons. ... not Vista but there ... Should I download the hot fix or is there something else I should do? ...