RE: Question about PXA27X processor system bus arbiter

It is possible to reconfigure the arbiter while the OS is running, yes.
However, as mentioned in the developer's manual, you should verify what the
rest of the system is doing so that you don't accidentally clobber other
activity.

For instance, if you want more priority for DMA, but when this is needed the
LCD controller is handling a large task, the display performance may suffer
as a consequence.

"Dark Knight" wrote:

hi guys

Is it ok if i change the priorities of DMA and LCD (by setting the
ARB_CNTRL) while OS is running ?

I got this idea while going through this post
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31980633/pxa270-ce-50-dma-perfo.aspx

regards,
Vaisakh P S
Accord Software System Pvt. ltd.

  • Re: PXA270, CE 5.0, DMA performance issue
    ... IRQ or thread priority issue, but that does not appear to the be the case. ... attempted to give more priority to the DMA controller via the bus arbiter ...
  • Re: PXA270, CE 5.0, DMA performance issue
    ... IRQ or thread priority issue, but that does not appear to the be the case. ... I'll try adjusting the memory controller registers, ... attempted to give more priority to the DMA controller via the bus arbiter ...
  • PXA270, CE 5.0, DMA performance issue
    ... related to a problem I am encountering with the DMA controller. ... PCMCIA IRQ is on a GPIO line and I have verified/fixed issues with the PCMCIA ... the FIQ on the 270 is NOT "higher priority" ... The interrupt priorities is setup such that the DMA controller is ...
  • RE: PXA270 Display Problems with WinCE 6.0
    ... See the chapter 29) System Bus Arbiter on PXA27x Family developers ... with the LCD Controller, if we have much communication on the system address- ... DMA controller can't get all the necessary display data. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)