Re: Build and Sysgen question

Hi,

I have been reading and searching the posts but still dont really see any
specific examples for this issue. His current build does include the DSHOW
components and a clean build and sysgen does work, perhaps its
processor/lib dependent we are running x86 and QFE's are all up to date.

Joe W.

"Erwin Zwart" <"erwin AT GuruCE DOT COM"> wrote in message
Include DSHOW components. Make sure you set the "clean before building"
flag is on... Do a build and sysgen...and then...

Happy reinstalling PB(I tested this one month ago)!

Installing QFE's *might* update the libs you need but doesn't necessarily.

Besides the fact that it isn't necessary (because everything is there in
binary from), the build process takes a lot of time.

Anyhow, look at the many post about this,

Good luck,

Erwin Zwart,
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

Joe Welfeld schreef:
Hi All,

I have been working in the embedded world for many years, but
relatively new to WinCE (5.0 for less then 2 years). I use this
newsgroup religiously (It seems I am the only one here that uses it ).
I read and have adhered to the Never Ever do a build and Sysgen, but I
just got into a discussion with someone who does them all the time and
doesn't see any problem. My understanding of the problem is that if I
do a Clean with "build and sysgen" I cannot re-build all the lib's as
delivered by Microsoft. I guess I cannot argue this point persuasively
enough and was wondering if someone can point me to real examples of
what lib's I cannot rebuild because I don't have the same code. He
mentions that when we install QFE's we get the new lib but I also get
the source code that would allow me to create that same lib. If I don't
have all the source code then why does a Build and Sysgen with clean
actually build my system, one would think we would get link or build
errors. So is it possible for someone to list out some of the lib's
that I cannot re-build to the same versions as released, otherwise
it's a lost argument...

thanks,

Joe W.

  • Re: Disassembler
    ... The problem with Evangelism is that it seems to close the ears... ... That has been covered in other posts since. ... seems to imply that "maintenance of source code is never necessary". ... querying you or responding to what you say. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: OT: (9/11) Professors of Paranoia?
    ... Putt, quite true, and yes, I've triggered such action twice in 15 years ... Then too while Joe Blows posts are obnoxious, ... Nobody will remember Joe Smith, just as no one recalls the names of the ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)
  • Re: Heres a link to the PFP database
    ... (I'm still waiting for fireworks posts and fireworks questions, ... Explorer, or by whatever means are included on on your particular ... P.S. Stop assuming i am the Joe Smith that you are always at odds ... pointer to the PFP database? ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)
  • Re: The Joys and Terrors of reading the Bible
    ... Joe said: "I said only that the Talmud is subordinate to the Torah" and ALSO said "The Torah is the primary law of Judaism." ... Have you even read posts in this very newsgroup?" ... >> Just how is that a distortion of your words? ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Dear Paul, July 12, 2006, updated, July 13, 2006, updated
    ... I would suggest anyone interest in finding out a little more about Joe ... or two ago the user name for these to posters was identical, ... For grins, I did just what you said, Harry; searched for posts by ... look at his past posts and the newsgroups he posts to. ...
    (rec.pyrotechnics)