Re: Build and Sysgen question

Include DSHOW components. Make sure you set the "clean before building" flag is on... Do a build and sysgen...and then...

Happy reinstalling PB(I tested this one month ago)!

Installing QFE's *might* update the libs you need but doesn't necessarily.

Besides the fact that it isn't necessary (because everything is there in binary from), the build process takes a lot of time.

Anyhow, look at the many post about this,

Good luck,

Erwin Zwart,
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

GuruCE
Microsoft Embedded Partner
http://GuruCE.com

Joe Welfeld schreef:
Hi All,

I have been working in the embedded world for many years, but relatively new to WinCE (5.0 for less then 2 years). I use this newsgroup religiously (It seems I am the only one here that uses it ). I read and have adhered to the Never Ever do a build and Sysgen, but I just got into a discussion with someone who does them all the time and doesn't see any problem. My understanding of the problem is that if I do a Clean with "build and sysgen" I cannot re-build all the lib's as delivered by Microsoft. I guess I cannot argue this point persuasively enough and was wondering if someone can point me to real examples of what lib's I cannot rebuild because I don't have the same code. He mentions that when we install QFE's we get the new lib but I also get the source code that would allow me to create that same lib. If I don't have all the source code then why does a Build and Sysgen with clean actually build my system, one would think we would get link or build errors. So is it possible for someone to list out some of the lib's that I cannot re-build to the same versions as released, otherwise it's a lost argument...

thanks,

Joe W.

  • Build and Sysgen question
    ... sysgen" I cannot re-build all the lib's as delivered by Microsoft. ... we get the new lib but I also get the source code that would allow me to ... create that same lib. ... Build and Sysgen with clean actually build my system, ...
  • Re: Recurring Spyware
    ... and they walked you through steps to clean up and prevent your machine from ... that I KNEW I had done the wrong thing - and I spent that afternoon cleaning ... it's tracks, any software from installing itself on MY COMPUTER, ... bother volunteering their free time and effort to reply to your problem (as ...
  • Re: Ask Technica Umratica
    ... My Comodo firewall keeps pestering me to upgrade to 4.0. ... for free and without installing any of the other bits on the website? ... Several sites seem to think that registry clean ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Restore Defaults Grayed Out in Advanced Tab
    ... > which are currently "in use" before it can then clean up others. ... > After fixing things with SpyBot S&D, be sure to re-boot and rerun SpyBot ... > Once you get this cleaned up, you might want to consider installing the ... > SpyWare Blaster is not memory resident ... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Open Office - installation problem
    ... >> Now another problem comes on installing ... > tree clean. ... I closed the Konsole window promptly to stop running ... couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps ...
    (freebsd-questions)